Kathleen Anderson, Sweaty Hugs.
So many of us associate fitness and exercise with a gym membership that costs an arm and a leg but it does not have to be that way. Free fitness is out there and easier to find that you think. There are communities, social groups and companies that all provide free workouts right on your doorstep.
- ParkRun – 5km runs across the country that are always free. There is a great community with ParkRun and it is a great way to see a city if you are visiting for the weekend and want to get a workout in – http://www.parkrun.org.uk/
- Project Awesome – free workout that happens every Wednesday at 6:30am in Edinburgh, Liverpool, Bristol & London. Such a great laugh, strong community and lots of bright neon workout clothing. http://www.projectawesomehq.com/edinburgh-tribe/
- Lululemon Stores – Stores across the world hold free workouts in-store every week. This gives you a chance to try out styles of exercise that you never normally would. Added bonus – sometimes there are free goodies. Cheek out your local store’s Facebook page to find out what is happening in-store this week.
- Sweaty Betty – Stores in the UK host free workouts in-store. They announce when these will be on their individual store Facebook pages.
- Free Trials – don’t forget to check if a studio, gym or classoffers a free trial to new members. Its worth checking their website to find out as it means you can try out something new without breaking the bank balance.
- EventBrite – They have a filter that allows you to see what events are free in your local area. I have found a number of workouts through this and it has meant i have discovered new places, people and workouts in my city.
Thanks Kath for guesting on our blog. http://www.sweatyhugsthebook.com